Thursday, October 29, 2009

the Top Ten things humans want to know HOW TO do...

Google will auto-complete search requests as you type them in. I assume this is based on the most popular search phrases, and so it makes for some kind of gauge of what humanity (at least the part with internet access) is interested in. I just started a search request with "How to" and Google popped up a list of the most common things people have sought instruction on. The list is an intriguing look into human priorities in the year 2009.

I now present, THE TOP TEN THINGS HUMANS WANT TO KNOW HOW TO DO:

1. tie a tie
2. kiss
3. get pregnant
4. lose weight
5. lose weight fast
6. make a website
7. write a resume
8. solve a rubix cube
9. get rid of fruit flies
10. draw

Some of these are encouraging, some are surprising, some very unsurprising. I can say with certainty that I know how to do 5 of the things on this list. I am pretty sure I know how to do 2 more. 2 others are very difficult and 1 is probably impossible.*


* certain: 1,3,4,6,10
pretty sure: 2,7
difficult: 5,8
impossible?: 9

No comments: